Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Nap times are so unpredictable in this household. Sometimes I will get a lovely 1-2 hour nap from the twins in either the morning or afternoon, other times they won't nap for more than 3o minutes for either nap. It is so frustrating! Of course, they always seem to take awesome naps during the weekends and save their sucky naps for me when I'm home alone. It's impossible to get anything accomplished during the week, when I have no idea what nap time is going to be like.

Isabel was this same way when she was a baby, she didn't start to take good, long naps on a regular basis until she was well over a year old. I'm so hoping Max and Lily can figure it out sooner than that. I feel like we are constantly struggling over sleep, night time sleep is just as frustrating as naps. Some nights we will get an awesome night and no one will wake until morning, then the next two nights they will each be up at least twice. I'm struggling trying to come up with someway to make it more consistent, but no matter how many things I try nothing seems to help. I guess we just have to go with the flow at this point. We have done everything in our power to help them sleep better. I know this is a phase, we dealt with the same issues with Isabel but it is hard. And it is twice as hard with two babies. I love sleep, I just don't understand why my kids don't.

This is a rambling post (sleep deprived! remember?!) and I need to go tend to my babies, who aren't napping (imagine that!).

No comments:

Post a Comment