Thursday, November 25, 2010

The difference a year makes

Last Thanksgiving I was about 6 weeks pregnant and so miserable with morning sickness, I could barely eat. We had an ultrasound scheduled for the Monday after Thanksgiving and I remember my brother joking that it was going to be twins. I never would have dreamed in a million years that I was actually pregnant with twins! It's amazing to look around and see how much our life has changed in the last year. It has been a trying year, but worth every second.
Last Thanksgiving we were a family of three, this Thanksgiving we are a family of 5. Wow.

I have so much to be Thankful for this year.

I am thankful for my wonderful husband, who has proven over and over again how amazing he really is. He took such wonderful care of Isabel when I was sick, then on bed rest and then in hospital. He was there for me encouraging me every time I said I couldn't stand being pregnant anymore. He has been an awesome Daddy to the twins, helping so much more than I could ever expect. Countless times, he has gotten up with the babies to do night time feedings because I needed the rest, even though he had to work in the morning. He is simple an amazing man and I am lucky to have him.

I am thankful for the amazing big sister that Max and Lily have. Isabel has been an awesome big sister. She loves to help out, she loves giving them kisses, and she just loves being around them. I love that she genuinely loves them. She has adapted to the role of big sister amazingly well.

I am thankful for two healthy and happy babies. I cannot begin to say how thankful I am that my wonderful Lily and Max were born full term and healthy, especially after the PTL scares we had. When I was 32 weeks and 4cm dilated I thought there was no way I would ever make it to 38 weeks. I am thankful for every extra day my babies were able to stay cooking.

I am also thankful for my amazing family and friends, I cannot imagine where we would be without our families.

These are the most important things I am thankful for not only today, but everyday.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment